Evntiv asked business leaders where they find inspiration and how they incorporate into their work. This is Doug Hall’s exclusive recipe for finding inspiration!
EVP SALES, CONTENT & PRODUCTION- GENIECAST part of the Nitrous Effect™ agency collective
This recipe works perfectly by wiping my mind of any unnecessary thoughts and stress and then immediately challenging me to think differently and creatively. Once I have an idea that I really want to run with, I apply a seasoning of motivation that allows the inspiration to develop into action. (Makes one serving)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 to 30 minutes
1 cup Strong Coffee
1 tbsp. Organic Ghee
2 tsp. MTC Oil
1 pair earbuds
1 account Headspace (paid)
1 account Podcast Addict (free)
1 account Google Play Music for flavor (free)
- Prepare and drink 1 cup of Bulletproof Coffee – MTC Oil is more affordable on Amazon than on the BP website
- Meditate for 10 minutes. – I prefer Headspace but there are many free apps on the market.
- Tune into a thought provoking podcast – My go-to series are #ASKGARYVEE andFreakonomics Radio
- Walk for 20 minutes – I choose downtown landscapes but anywhere that supplies visual stimulation will suffice.
- Turn to motivational music and walk 10 more minutes. – Notorious B.I.G works every time.*
*For those looking for a gluten free alternative, substitute Biggie with 4x as much Bon Iver.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. It really helps me look at challenges and obstacles from multiple angles and perspectives.