Another fantastic virtual event produced by our team! This one for GeoFutures, the roadmap to position St. Louis as the global epicenter of geospatial excellence.
The GeoFutures Strategic Roadmap lays out a detailed pathway by which St. Louis can strengthen its position as the geospatial center of excellence over the next 10 years. The roadmap notes that St. Louis could gain a competitive advantage in geospatial technologies by focusing on four industry sectors: national security; digital/precision agriculture; transportation and logistics; and health care delivery.
To get there, the plan calls for a focus on five strategic priority areas:
- Scale up talent and workforce development to meet geospatial industry demand
- Raise innovation capacity for advanced applications for leading industry and community development drivers
- Accelerate entrepreneurship and availability of risk capital
- Support the advancement of community-driven development in the neighborhoods north of Downtown the new NGA West campus will soon call home
- Brand and position St. Louis as a national thought leader in geospatial technology