After moving more than 250 patients into a new facility just two days before, SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital celebrated its official Grand Opening on September 1, 2020. Due to the pandemic, this wasn’t your typical grand opening – changes had to be made to ensure the safety of all those in attendance.
From a socially-distant ribbon cutting and a special live-stream show that could be viewed by all safely at home, to a first-in-the-city surprise drone show for the Grand Finale, it was certainly a celebration to remember.
The festivities began with a small ribbon cutting of select leaders and partners from SSM Health, SLU Hospital, Saint Louis University and SLUCare, including:
• Laura Kaiser, President & CEO of SSM Health
• Steven M. Scott, President of SLU Hospital
• Dr. Fred P. Pestello, President of Saint Louis University
• Dr. Robert Wilmott, Dean and VP of Medical Affairs for SLU School of Medicine
• Kevin Elledge, CEO of SLUCare Physician Group
• Candace Jennings, Regional President of SSM Health – St. Louis
The night ended with a Grand Finale: A surprise drone show, a first in the City of St. Louis, featuring 150 drones lit up in the sky that formed different images, including the St. Louis Arch, St. Louis Cardinals logo, scissors cutting a ribbon, a “Thank you healthcare heroes” message and ending with, “The Future Starts Now.”